Tuesday, December 2, 2014

These Tastebuds They are a Changin'

It's so challenging to get started with a new eating plan. Especially when we think it's going to be difficult or boring.

I've learned something though. If you change how you eat the things you like to eat change too... REALLY!  It doesn't happen in a week or two... but it happens.

When I talk about my diet people seem to think it's not something they would be capable of accomplishing. They say things like, "You're so good." or "I don't know how you do it." I have a big secret though.

I am not being good. I never suffer or sacrifice. My tastes have changed. I love what I eat now. Things I did not like initially, I look forward to now. Did I suffer initially? Yes!

At first I did not like what I was eating and did not feel well at all!  After two weeks I began to feel better. Slowly since my new foods became more and more appealing. I enjoy the food I eat now more than I ever enjoyed my food before changing my diet.

I spent endless amounts of time seeking out substitutes for wheat and came up with some good tasting things. However, nothing compares to how things are now. I have no desire to go back, none!


No comments:

Post a Comment