Friday, December 19, 2014

Cracker Barrel - On the Road Favorite


ImageThe national chain, Cracker Barrel, is a great place for me on the road. Not only can the be found all along the interstates, but I can get vegetables. More importantly I know what I can eat without the horror of getting symptoms on the road. For sides I tend to get the turnip greens and green beans. I go for a double order of green beans as they are just so darn good!

There are a large variety of meats to choose from including trout or steak and sometimes turkey (on Thursdays I think). Just stay away from gravies and other carbs such as biscuits and cornbread or starchy sides. They really do give us a delicious way to feel like we've had a real meal while traveling (or when you just don't want to cook). It's about twice as much as a fast food stop... but often provides a much needed respite.

No comments:

Post a Comment