Friday, December 5, 2014

6 flights of stairs

Who me? I walked six flights of stairs at work yesterday-- what?! My limit before all of this was two to three flights... which was not pleasant. So unpleasant... I basically decided never to do it again.

However, yesterday I needed a movement break from my desk job and ran down the six flights of stairs from my office to grab a Sobe at the gift store. Then I thought, "Hey, maybe I'll try a flight or two up and take the elevator the rest of the way." I figured I would get out of the stairwell when I could no longer breathe.

It wasn't until I finished the fourth flight that I even thought about it. I stopped briefly, recovered quickly and decided to keep going. Then I popped up the next two flights and got off on six hardly winded.

Just before thanksgiving I picked up a 28 pound turkey for a friend and did get winded before I got to my car after taking the elevator down. I thought about how I used to carry around 50 extra pounds all the time. No wonder I got winded on the stairs... apparently that was a lot of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment