Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Food Combining

You know how some kids (and some adults) don't like their food to touch. I mean nothing on the plate can touch the other things on the plate.

Well, I don't let certain foods come together in the same meal now. 
Through The Body Ecology Diet I've learned this art. I know now that combining certain foods together really doesn't work well for me. I don't know why it doesn't work, but it doesn't. Maybe it's just because I don't tend to overeat when I eat this way. Or maybe it's something more complex... whatever! It has helped me both lose weight and control IBS symptoms. Yea!!

The biggest rule is not to combine animal protein with carbohydrates in the same meal. So I don't have eggs with home fries. Now I have eggs with spinach and red bell pepper.

There are a few foods that don't combine well with most other things. Like dairy is pretty much a stand alone, though I have done okay with berrries or sprouted nuts/seeds with the kefir.

I've recently returned to Swiss cheese, which has not sugar (lactose). Though I don't have it with anything else. The only dairy I have now is either kefir or Swiss cheese. I keep them very separate from other foods. Meaning that I wait three or more hours to eat dairy after my last meal and wait at least 30 minutes before eating something else after consuming dairy.

It may seem crazy and challenging... but really it's more crazy and challenging taking a bunch of medications and not being able to leave the house because IBS is acting up. It's all about choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment