Wednesday, July 4, 2012

INFO: New focus on low FODMAP diet

So... I started this blog when I was doing fairly well with a gluten-free and dairy-free diet. Then, a little over a year ago, I found out about the FODMAP research and nothing has ever been the same. I stopped blogging... because I was changing everything and I needed time to adjust.

My struggles with IBS went away.

I will forever be greatful to Patsy Catsos for writing the book, "IBS, Free at Last." She did all the work to make the information understandable... accessible. She explains how Fermentable Oligo-, Di-, and Mono-saccharides And Polyols (FODMAPs) effect many people with IBS. This simple book, that took me about two hours to read, gave me my life.

I have been a vegetarian for most of my life. At first it was a struggle and I did go back to eating fish, more eggs and some dairy. Once I had things under control I stopped eating fish again. Now I am trying a completely plant based diet. For now it is an experiement.

For the better part of a year I have been assembling a low-FODMAP vegetarian cookbook. I think for the resurection of the blog I will post vegan/plant-based recipes and will continue to work on the vegetarian cookbook.

The next few weeks will be about taking out some of the older posts that don't work for FODMAP life and adding tips.

All the best on your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment