Saturday, April 23, 2011

TRAVEL: Atlantic City -Not FODMAP or GF Friendly!

Just got back from Atlantic City-- the worst place I have ever been for Gluten Free dining. I found a number of places recommended online as having gluten free options that really didn't. No luck at the Rainforrest Cafe-- though they did try.
We went to Harahs that supposedly has GF options and I did okay there, but they don't have a GF menu and they don't seem to be aware of GF needs.

I did find one place that was safe, had a GF menu and seemed to understand cross-contamination-- Los Amigos Restaurant at 1926 Atlantic Avenue ~ 609-344-2293. The food was pretty good and they didn't make me sick-- so that was great.

Most of the time we drove out of town to find restaurants. We tried to find Drazil Organic Restaurant in Egg Harbor Township, which had good reviews but sadly it was gone.

Atlantic City was nice enough, but I doubt we will be going back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment